Today the Vancouver DJ industry is saturated with startup/bedroom DJs and this makes it hard to find a good dance music service with the necessary skills to read and entertain your crowd. We have some tips here about some of questions to ask prospective DJ services. We ourselves have performed everywhere from Vancouver's finest ballrooms to your neighbor's backyard and we work hard to make it a floorshaker every time. No matter what size or style of event we promise on time and well mannered professional service. Try us out for your next Christmas or Holiday Party/Special Event!
Questions to ask prospective DJ entertainment providers.
- Tell me a little about your style. (Professional)
- What would you say are your biggest strengths? (Personality and musical knowledge)
- I went to an event where hardly anyone danced. What's your secret to getting people on the dancefloor? (Work up the mood of your guests even before the opening up of dancing)
- Do you play music that we want to hear? Do you have songs that are proven winners for specific events? Do you take requests? (We take your preplanned and dance floor requests and our selection of winners that we blend together from the start of your event all the way to the end of your evening)
- How do you dress? (We dress as you prefer)
- Do you own your own equipment and do you have backup equipment if something goes wrong? (Yes)
- What is your price range? How does your price range stack up compared to other DJ's in town? Most DJs charge from a low of $500.- to the $1500.- or more range. (We have great value packages.)
- Do you have a business license? (Yes)
- Are there any hidden costs that will pop up later? (No)
- Will you schedule a consultation to meet with us so that we might be able to gauge your professionalism and ascertain what you can do for us? (Yes)
- Do you have professional grade sound equipment? (The best.)
- Are you carrying liability insurance in case of any accidents during the event? (Yes)
- Are you licensed to legally use music for commercial purposes with the Connect licensing program? (Yes)
- Will we be able to get everything in writing in the form of a music contract? (Yes)
- Do you belong to professional associations such as the Canadian Disc Jockey Association? (Yes)
- What features are included in your pricing and what is not? (Our packages are all-inclusive)
click on to images to enlarge
I just wanted to send you a note to thank you for the excellent job you did for the Eric Hamber Grad last Saturday evening. We have used your services for three occasions now and have found you to be excellent and consistent in all aspects. You have always been punctual with your setup time, played great music, and for what we have received are very reasonably priced. Student Services Network plans to use your services for all our future music needs. Thanks again for your excellent service.
Edward P. Rogers- General Manager
I wanted to let you know that your contribution to our Graduation celebration on March 23rd at the Hyatt Regency made our evening so enjoyable. People raved about everything you did! Everyone enjoyed the whole event from start to finish. We will be in touch for next year. Thanks again.
UBC School of Physical Education